Orange Rio messaging handset – Free unlock by code

Orange Rio another ZTE X991 based mobile with email, surfing and text now ready to be unlock via our ZTE Unlock Code Online Calculator for free.

Orange Rio - ZTE X991
Orange Rio – ZTE X991

How to unlock Orange Rio?

• Switch on Orange Rio without SIM card and read the IMEI (Just dial *#06# on your mobile, 15 digit IMEI number will be displayed on screen)
  • Visit our ZTE Unlock Code Online Calculator and calculate unique unlock code for your Orange Rio
  • Switch off the handset and put a unacceptable SIM inside again switch it on.
  • Orange Rio should display a screen asking “Enter NP code”
  • Just type the “NCK code” you calculated in step 2.
  • That’s all. Happy unlocking.

Feedback via comment. That’s help other visitors.

A video showing how to enter unlock code / NP code / NCK code to Orange Rio.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d121KdGpKFQ

[blue_message]A note to UK Three subscribers: Please be aware the ZTE X991 / Orange Rio is a 2G capable phone and does not support 3G network. Unfortunately I’ve read few articles that UK Three network provider switching off their 2G (900/1800MHz) channels or 2G roaming. I’m not in UK and I don’t know the real story, but when you use UK Three SIM and you get something like “Emergency Calls Only” and no coverage indicator on display, most probably Three network does not support 2G (900/1800MHz) in the area you’re using. Please share your experience.[/blue_message] [blue_message] If you’re looking to unlock Orange RIO II 3G mobile phone, instructions can be found here >> Orange RIO II | 3G Phone – Instant Free Unlock [/blue_message]

138 Responses to “Orange Rio messaging handset – Free unlock by code”

1. mazey2k11

my rio is unlocked but when i put my o2 simcard in the phone wont turn on i get the orange logo and then my phone goes black then i get a blue screen with lines on it’ i have tryed anova o2 sim in the phone and works perfect but why wont it work with my o2 sim?

2. chloe griffiths

Hi, have just bought a Rio and want to use my virgin sim in it. I have unblocked it so that I can use messages and phone calls but the internet side of it is still blocked. Can this be sorted?

• hugh warren

i ahd a virgin one and you just go on the virginmobile website on a pc and if you look around theres a section that lets you send a text to your mobile with all the settings and the internet should be setup once you’ve read the text although you may need to change the default internet settings on your mobile to the virgin internet.

3. this was crap .. my sim has came up as unregistered .. someone wanna help mee??

4. marinelo

hi! I need help for unlock my rio from orange
    my IMEI:352945042422857
    MANY THANKS!

5. my its not working…:((((((((((( why???????????!!!!! my imei 352945043885672.my skype dmd159. please help me !!! ;//

6. I got my Rio Today awesome Budget QWERTY phone, anyway just like to say thanks i just unlocked my phone on all networks its the easiest thing in the world to do 🙂 many thanks.

7. Craig Illingworth

hi yes this worked but only for 12 hours I carnt under stand why I need some help please. it still works on orange but not on 3 network.

• it is a 2G phone – 3 will only support a 3G device for prolonged use. Switch to a network that supports 2G or get a 3G phone

8. hello, i have got a pay & go sim card from o2 and i want to buy the Rio phone, will i just be able to use minutes, texts and internet, if i just put it in the phone?

• you have to unlock the phone and after that everything will work.
      extract from O2 website –
      When you put your O2 SIM in a phone that doesn’t have the O2 settings, we automatically send you them so that you can send picture messages and use internet on your mobile. Please save and activate them if asked. If you have any problems with the settings, try switching your mobile on and off.

If you need to get settings again, text ACTIVE to 2020.

Please note: O2 cannot be held responsible for any lost or changed settings that occur from this configuration process.

9. Worked a treat. For those trying to unlock to 3 – it will only work for a short time because it is a 2G phone and 3 only supports 3G devices – not sure of exact reason for this but I had the same problem with 2G phones on 3 previously and though technically possible 3 do not allow prolonged use of a 2G phone on their network. They used to send you a text message and switch you off after a few weeks but it seems that they now do it in hours

10. Roger Pikett

I have a rio 2 but it has a 16 number imei code not 15 can this be unlocked its on orange now but need unlock code can anyone help imei no 3563522040552429.

11. Roger Pikett

12. Craiggy Alexander Howdenn

can someone help me get code for zte rio 2 – orange 356352040017472.

13. Just unlocked my wife’s RIO so we can use it with a Kenyan SIM, It was very easy a started working with Kenyan Safaricom SIM Immedatley, Great thanks

14. neba keven

help me tell me how to make the network of my orange rio work

15. Beth-Lauren James

please can you tell me why it isn't working when I type in the unlock code?

• Win Tech Mobiles

Calculate it here http://www.wintechmobiles.com/tools/zte-unlock-code-calculator/

16. my orange rio is not displaying the screen which asks for the np number when I turn it back on.can anybody help please?

• .:win-tech-mobiles:.

17. Dave Newton

What just unlocked two orange ZTE phones with this free site, when others are charging 20 quid upwards. There's no harm switching networks ;).

18. Madalin Gui

(Just dial *#06# on your mobile, 15 digit IMEI number will be displayed on screen).
    wtf. don`t have imei, :|.

19. Floare Gabi

I have a rio like in the video above and I still don't understand how to put PN code pls some help?

20. Floare Gabi

21. Geraldine Ohare

I have an orange rio phone that had been unlocked to use a Tesco sim. I decided to use my orange sim again. It wouldn't work. Orange wanted £20 to unlock it and said it would take up to thirty days! I found your site and unlocked it free in under fourty seconds! Many thanks for the fantastic FREE info.

• Win Tech Mobiles

22. Suraj Grg

Mine 3 uk didnt work through dis method,are dere any other method for three network

• Win Tech Mobiles

3UK which phone model? does it require 16 digit code? then not possible by this code.

23. Hi can someone help me get my code please for my rio ZTX – GX991 imei 352945044262079 many thanks if you can help.

24. monkeyfun

So, what does unlocking the phone do? Does it give you free internet?

25. Diogo Castro

mine doesn't get to the screen where you get to put the code.
    it freezes after I turn it on with the new sim.

26. Cj Ice

can some body help me get the np code please plz please plz……. IMEI 352945042847723

27. oscardevel.com

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my site thus i came to
    “return the favor”.I am trying to find things to improve my site!

I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

28. Valuable info. Fortunate me I discovered your website accidentally, and I’m stunned why this coincidence didn’t
    happened in advance! I bookmarked it.

29. Julie Whittaker

I unlocked this and put my vodafone sim but I'm getting a mixture of vodafone & orange connections. I can text but not ring. What is wrong? Thanks